May 30, 2005

The 'I have a (pipe) dream' sermon

I promise. This is the last sermon snippet of the insufferable Father Kester that I am going to post. I just couldn't pass this one up.

"I enjoy being a priest. I would not say that I am ecstatic about being a priest ... I have to admit I've got pipe dreams. Sometimes when I'm driving down the road or just sitting in my room I get this 'wouldn't-it-be-nice feeling.' I'm in a little better position for pipe dreams than most priests are. As many of you know, my parents left me moderately well off. I have a condo out in Palm Springs that I own outright; the bank doesn't have any of it. And I've gotta a little nest egg put away and some days I think, you know, I'd just like to chuck it all, move out to Palm Springs permanently, tell off a few members of the hierarchy as I drive by ... um ... ah ... um ... and, you know, if I need to flip hamburgers for the rest of my life, so be it."

Hey, Fathah, go flip burgers.



And wipe that smile off your face.

If you dare to hear more, go HERE.

8 Comments:

Blogger Carlos said...

I'm glad to see that your blog is back. Those are certainly strange happenings that are going on in LA, though I must say that we in the Northeast also have our claims to shame.

One thing's for sure Pope Benedict XVI has alot of cleaning up to do.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Carlos said...

One further thing I can add to Fr. Pipe Dream, is that I know for certain that my own vocation is not a pipe dream, God has tested me, called me, pushed me, pulled me over the years, and it is quite clear to me what he has called me to do. If these priests truly consider that they made up this vocation for themselves, and they can turn away from it themselves, then perhaps they had no priestly vocation to begin with.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Quintero said...

Dear seekeroftheway:

Yes, pray we must for our dear Pope Benedict XVI. I will also pray for you. The Church needs men like you who love Her and are faithful. God bless you and thanks for visiting L.A. Catholic.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Who gives a crap if his parents left him "moderately well off". I got news for ya, Pipe Boy.
"It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle..."

7:04 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Please don't stop linking to his crap. I'm building an arsenal.

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Overaged, overindulged and not worth hanging a collar on. Adolescence perpetually preserved. Where *do* they get these jokers???

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somebody should check and see how much this guy has cost the people in the diocese and take it out of his personal stash.

He really does need to flip burgers. Want fries with that?

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the guy needs to take a year off and flip burgers, or any kind of low-skill job, just to find out how the majority of real people live, and to develop a work ethic and a sense of how the real world actually works.

Rules aren't for "mean people." They're what make it possible for people to get along with each other, without killing each other.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter