Nov 28, 2005

McCarrick to sodomite priest and his 'partner', 'God bless you both!'

From THE STAR-LEDGER ...

Gargiulo said McCarrick told him he wanted him back as a priest, but that he would have to be celibate. Gargiulo told McCarrick he would not return.

"I said to him, 'I have to tell you that my partner is in the outer office, and if you'd like to come and meet him that would be fine, and if you don't, I understand that completely.'

"He said 'Oh no, I'll come out and meet him.' He came out, he shook his hand, he was very nice. He said, 'Mariano's worked very hard for us for many years, and you take care of him. And God bless you both.'

"I have to say, he's a gentleman. He truly is."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A gentleman? High praise perhaps from one with a disordered sexuality. But NOT a bishop who is a true shepherd of souls or cares about their salvation.

I hope Pope Benedict accepts h is resignation right away--perhaps he is waiting to see if there is a worthy shepherd to name to the post?

This could take a while...

8:22 AM  
Blogger JWY said...

I agree with the comments here: it is stunning the indifference which these modernist prelates show towards the salvation of souls.

Or worse, perhaps, they're acting on what they believe which is that we'll all be all right in the end anyway-- so why make a big fuss about it? We should help each other to be happy.

Seriously, it wouldn't be easy to be a bishop or archbishop, and to have to find the right tone and message to strike in warning unrepentant sinners. But guys like McCarrick, wow, I've got to think that saving souls, in any traditional sense, is not even on their radar screen.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Dymphna said...

Since I go to Mass in DC I was really hoping this was a joke.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bobnd, you are rather naive if you think you can stop someone from quiting. The priest wasn't asking to leave, he was telling McCarrick he was leaving!

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter