Nov 11, 2005

A tangled web

Cardinal Mahony's openly 'gay' deacon recently launched an all new website for the L.A. Archdiocese. (Go HERE to see a photo of Mahony and his deacon on ordination day).

Here is an inexhaustive list of OTHER WEBSITES developed by Deacon Eric Stoltz.

Archdiocese of San Francisco (click)

World famous 'gay' city. Need I say more?
Archdiocese of Anchorage (click)

They invited L.A.'s openly 'gay' deacon to speak at their 'Discipleship Days'
Diocese of Santa Rosa (click)

Their bishop emeritus is the Most Reverend and openly 'gay' G. Patrick Ziemann who is also Archbishop Mahony's former auxiliary bishop.
Diocese of Stockton (click)

The former ordinary of this diocese is now the 'gay' friendly Cardinal Archbishop of Los Angeles. The current ordinary, Bishop Stephen Blaire, dedicated an "AIDS" chapel in a parish in L.A. when he was still Mahony's auxiliary bishop.
St. Brendan's Church (click)

This is the "proud" parish of Mahony's openly 'gay' deacon, Eric Stoltz.
St. Matthew's, Long Beach (click)

A 'gay' friendly parish near the Queen Mary and a recipient of a Long Beach Lesbian & Gay Pride 2005 Grant Award.

St. Maximillian Kolbe (click)

The CURT JESTER did a fairly thorough evaluation of this website last September. From the "spirituality" page he cites the following atrocious statement:

"While Catholicism once took the position that it was the "one true faith," the Second Vatican Council made it clear that Almighty God was much more open minded than that."

If God is open minded enough to give into the notion that one religion is as good as another, then certainly He is equally disposed to change His mind about the sin of sodomy. Heterosexual? Homosexual? It's all the same. Now how convenient is that?

Oh what a tangled web we weave!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With St. Maximilian a patron of mine, I think he would react to this parish named for him about how Our Lord did with the money changers at the temple.
SHAME on them!

Heretic is not too strong a word here.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I witnessed a murder in my workplace two years ago, and, after that, I lived with nighmares and flashbacks. I spent a long time trying to understand the killer's motive--was she insane or was she evil? But, then, contemplating evil invites possession and trying to make sense of insanity is itself an insanity.
I'm telling a long story to make a short point, Quintero, but I had an epiphany at that time that changed my life. I understood that Eve's first mistake was looking away from the Tree of Life and gazing at the tree of the knowlege of good and evil.
You are articulate--even funny --(hey, I'm a regular reader). So point out what is evil, but don't dwell on it. Don't let your readers to take their gaze from the Tree of Life.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anon 2:03 A.M.

Thank you for your comment. I truly do appreciate it.

I wrestle often with the temptation to stop blogging about the Church in L.A. because so much of the news is negative. This is why I try to inject humor here and there so at least we can laugh while we cry.

If you've read my blog over the past several months, you know that I have tried to post positive stories as well. It's true, though, that the negative far outweigh the positive.

You can help me strike a balance by alerting me to the brighter Catholic L.A. Please send me any happy stories and/or positive events I might be able to blog about.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter