Dec 12, 2006

Long live Our Lady of Guadalupe!

Here is the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe that the Queen of Heaven left for us on St. Juan Diego's tilma 475 years ago today, in 1531.

Click on this post's title to see an English translation of the Nican Mopohua ("Here it is told"), a contemporary account of Our Lady's visits, written in Nahuatl, the language of the Aztecs.

Surely Our Blessed Mother meant Her words to St. Juan Diego for us, too:

"Listen, place it in your heart, my littlest son, that what frightens you, afflicts you, disturbs your face, your heart, is nothing. Do not fear this illness, nor anything else which is painful or hurtful. Am I not here, I who am your mother? Are you not under my shadow and watch? Am I not the source of your joy? Are you not in the fold of my mantle, in the crossing of my arms? Do you have need of anything else?" (Nican Mopohua, nn. 118-119)

Viva Nuestra Senora! Viva!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

¡Viva la Virgen de Guadalupe!
Cheers from Monterrey México, i will be following your great blog.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Quintero said...

Dear Felipe,

Thank you very much! Your kind words of friendship mean a lot. Keep checking in.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felipe, my Ancestor was the founder of the Jesuit University in Chihuahua, Fr. Jose de La Luz Corral, S.J. He was actually,for quite awhile, the Acting Archbishop of Chihuahua .

Kenneth M. Fisher

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter