Mar 21, 2008

Prayer Before a Crucifix


PRAYER BEFORE A CRUCIFIX
Look down upon me, good and gentle Jesus,
while before Thy face I humbly kneel and with
burning soul pray and beseech Thee to fix deep
in my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity,
true contrition for my sins and a firm purpose of amendment,
while I contemplate with great love and tender pity Thy Five Wounds, pondering over them within me and calling to mind
the words which David, Thy prophet said of Thee, my Jesus,
“They have pierced My Hands and My Feet,
they have numbered all My Bones.” [Psalm 21: 17 – 18]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

God bless you on this Good Friday and always. May your Easter be happy! / Felices Pascuas!

Ole Q has not posted for several days because a bad cold, his first in a long time, has laid him low until now. Glad to be back, and I'll be answering all recent comments on other posts.

The holy photo above is from historic St. Mary Parish in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia (click on this post's title).

"We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee, because by Thy holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter