Apr 8, 2008

Pope Benedict's pre-visit video

The Catholic News Agency reports today that Pope Benedict XVI has sent a video message to the American people in advance of his visit to the USA.

The Vicar of Christ asks us to prepare for his visit by praying, Amd he says, "It is God who saves us, He saves the world, and all of history. He is the Shepherd of His people. I am coming, sent by Jesus Christ, to bring you His word of life."

The Pope continues with these words:

"I want you to know that, even if my itinerary is short, with just a few engagements, my heart is close to all of you, especially to the sick, the weak, and the lonely. I thank you once again for your prayerful support of my mission. I reach out to every one of you with affection, and I invoke upon you the maternal protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary."

To watch the Holy Father's video message, go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me8whJa4p9g

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter