Nov 20, 2008

A slight fix for the Cardinal Stafford story

Here is a slight fix for the just-previous story about Cardinal James Stafford's address at the Catholic University of America:

The cardinal did not say, as reported, that Obama himself was "apocalyptic." He said about Obama that his "rhetoric is post-modernist and marks an agenda and ambition that are aggressive, disruptive and apocalyptic."

So I regret the error. It is only Obama's "agenda and ambition" that are "apocalyptic."

Somehow, though, that does not make me feel any happier about the next four years. How about you?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm...do you know of any novenas for Presidents?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Quintero said...

Dear Anonymous,

Good question! People are praying for his conversion, anyway.

As we know, there are prayers for civil authorities. And President Washington composed a prayer for our government and its officials.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Quintero said...

Dear Cathy,

It's so good of you to pray a novena for Obama. By the way, I haven't heard about the novena. Just wondering -- do you know whether it is new, and if it is, has a bishop approved it?
------------
Anonymous said...
Q,
What about the Novena to the 13 Blessed Souls? I was going to pray it for something personal, but I think my first go-round will be for his conversion.
;)
http://www.ainglkiss.com/prayers/tbls.htm

-Cathy
9:13 AM

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Q,

I don't think it's new, but it's new to me. Of course, there are hundreds of novenas out there - this one, I came across while looking for one to help me with a specific intention.

I am also not sure if it is approved for *public* recitation, but it's fine for private devotion, I think.
(I hope!)

-Cathy

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter