Feb 8, 2010

Some more sound advice...

Years ago I came across this sound advice: "Live right, or it don't mean a thing."

In other words, it doesn't do you or me any good just to look good in public; we have to be genuinely good and not be hypocritical.

You and I have to work out our salvation in fear and trembling, repent of our sins, love God with our whole heart, mind and soul, love our neighbor as ourselves, obey the Ten Commandments, follow the laws of the Church, follow the promptings of grace, pray and do penance, read the Bible and Catholic spiritual classics, and seek holiness and closeness to Jesus.

"O God, be merciful to me, a sinner!"

"Jesus, Mary, I love You, save souls!"

"Our help is in the Name of the Lord, Who made Heaven and Earth."

Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter